Forty-something Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Forty-something.comForty-something.com  

Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glamlady

Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? Empty
PostSubject: Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?   Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 10:02 am

I want to buy a dress for a friend's wedding. It will be her second and sheis marrying a very wealthy guy, so it's going to be all glamorous at this fancy place.

I am between two choices but I am really stuck!

Dress#1 is simmilar to the one here but the color is royal blue.

Dress#2 is this one here

I am tall at 5ft9", average body on top but large hips, dark skin, black short hair.

Please help me!
Back to top Go down
Sophie

Sophie

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?   Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? EmptyFri 13 Feb 2009, 12:37 pm

I like dress#1 if it is in blue not white, very classy and simple. Never a good idea to wear white to a wedding, even when it's the second marriage No
Back to top Go down
AndreaG

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?   Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 1:42 am

If this is an evening wedding, go with dress #2. You said you have an average top half and bigger in the hips. I think dress 1 will just emphasize your hips even more and it does look too much like a bridesmaid dress.

If it's a daytime wedding, go with a short dress. You mentioned your body shape. If you have ever watched What Not To Wear hosted by Trinny & Susannah, you will know they are the gurus of finding what style clothes look good on which body shape. They recently brought out a book. They feature 12 body shapes in which they tell you in detail about the typical features of the body shapes and what clothes look best.

Go to the www.Littlewoods.co.uk website. Or better yet, go here. Perhaps this will help:
http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/static.do?page=landingpage19&cm_re=Womens+Zonepage-_-Text+Links-_-Shape+Advisor

Can't wait to see what you have chosen!
Back to top Go down
Glamlady

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?   Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? EmptySun 15 Feb 2009, 3:37 pm

AndreaG wrote:
If this is an evening wedding, go with dress #2. You said you have an average top half and bigger in the hips. I think dress 1 will just emphasize your hips even more and it does look too much like a bridesmaid dress.

If it's a daytime wedding, go with a short dress. You mentioned your body shape. If you have ever watched What Not To Wear hosted by Trinny & Susannah, you will know they are the gurus of finding what style clothes look good on which body shape. They recently brought out a book. They feature 12 body shapes in which they tell you in detail about the typical features of the body shapes and what clothes look best.

Go to the www.Littlewoods.co.uk website. Or better yet, go here. Perhaps this will help:
http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/static.do?page=landingpage19&cm_re=Womens+Zonepage-_-Text+Links-_-Shape+Advisor

Can't wait to see what you have chosen!

Thanks AndreaG! The Littlewoods shape advisor is amazing Very Happy The dress they show as a good one for my shape type (pear) is very similar to dress#2 so it seems that it is a winner!

I was also thinking that this dress is easier when it comes to choosing shoes. I have some lovely strappy black sandals, and they won't show much anyway. It is an evening wedding, so my black coat will do too.

I will try and post some photos of me at the wedding so you see how I looked!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?   Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help needed: which dress do you think is better for a wedding?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forty-something Forum :: Everything 40-something :: Fashionista-
Jump to: